Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Stories

The story lesson was great. It went along really well with Pink's chapter on story. It was really nice getting to know people a lit more through story that what I knew before. You can learn so much about a person through the experiences they share through their art, and if it weren't for people's stories, art would not be as meaningful. I really enjoyed the art activity that the group put together, however I wish I could have had more time to do better work on it.
Symphony sounds like it might be fun. The method Pink demonstrates sounds  lit like a project I did in a beginning drawing class in Warrensburg. The teacher started with a very blurry picture and told us to start drawing. All we could do was draw the light and dark areas, also, we could not pick our pencils upu from the paper, so as long as the picture was up our hands were moving. Soon we realized that we were drawing a picture of a person, and we look down at our scribble filled paper to find that we have drawn, very successfully, the same picture. It was surprising to see that we did that. It is just amazing how our brains work, and how, like PInk says, everything is relative to something else. Lights, darks, positive and negative shapes, or colors next to colors. It all depends on what it is next to.

No comments:

Post a Comment