Today, during our play I could relate to our guest in class when she said she was anxious. I like to plan at least a little bit what I am going to do in my art projects, so when Kathy said you have 10 minutes to make as many self supporting structure out of paper, I froze for a second. THen I remembered that my unit plan and studio thinking projects revolve around letting go of control. SO, I dove in. I was cutting the paper before I even thought about how I was going to fold it and make it stand. Curling, folding, crumpling, and all kinds of other things later, I had over 20 pieces. I surprised myself that I just kept going and didn't let myself stop cutting and folding. The next steps came easier to me after that first one. This play day really helped me out of my comfort zone of planning ahead and over-thinking every detail.
Tomorrow, I am looking forward to going over design in the class. "A good design can change the world."
I was too controlled at first and wasted a lot of time over thinking what I was going to do. But I agree that when you let go and just delve into the task at hand instead of constantly planning, the more productive you can be.
ReplyDelete