I have been racking my brain and reading and rereading my posts. I have finally come up with something that I think might work, and would be something new for me to try out. I want to try out doing a mosaic with glass and mirror pieces on top of an altered background. I think that the fractured pieces will symbolize my thinking and discussions really well, because I tend to have a lot of smaller things to talk about that center around a single idea. I want to incorporate text of my own as well as from our readings, and others. I'm not sure if I will need a written narrative with it (Amy)? I think that what I am picturing in my head is going to cover all the elements. I do need suggestions of something smooth that will write on glass other than paint. I'm not sure what will work. I want this to be pretty good size, but I also want it to be an uncommon format, I'm thinking really tall and skinny or really wide and short, to show more of a journey. This is a very rough draft for my final, but I am happy to finally have an idea.
I will post my updated lineage as soon as I get back to school to get some supplies. I was not sure what I wanted to add until I got home this weekend, ant what I wanted to use is in my classroom! Will post soon.
I like your trying something new, I think that is the way I will go as well. There are window glass markers that could work but they fad over time and the colors are true.
ReplyDeleteCorrection- Colors aren't true
DeleteThe mosaic if a wonderful idea! And yes, an elaborated upon narrative is important to accompany this. Not the 2000 words Im asking if were only going the written route, but a reflection on the symbolism that speaks to the deeper meaning of the choices you've made and how you will carry this into the future.
ReplyDeleteAlso, I would recommend documenting the process as you go, thoughts that arise and ah ha moments as you work. Because you are tackling something new, sharing the process will likely reflect the kinds of concepts you've been discovering through out this semester. Pay attention to that and reflect on it. I think an outline with key ideas might be a good place to start, you do not need to be married to it of course, things shift and evolve as process unfolds. Remember, this piece holds all of your thinking and growth from the semester. You are a wonderful visual artist, allow that to speak for you, but accompany it with additional deep reflection so that we may all benefit. :)