Response to Spacetimecat:
I also like the solitude when I am working. However, my work always turns out better when I have the opinions of others to help it along the way, I am different depending on the environment that I am in, which sounds a lot like you. When I am at home my husband and daughter are generally out doing something or sleeping when I am working, but if I am in a class setting, I want everyone's take, good or bad. AND I hear you on the mascot thing. So many of my students want to take and easy route, and I remind them time and time again that I do not want 50 identical pieces of work in the end. I want to know it is yours before I read the name.
Response to Lamme:
I can relate to not working alongside my students, especially in my art 1 classes. When I start on something I get completely engaged in that, and that is not good when I am supposed to be helping them. However I do get the opportunity to work in my advanced classes. They love seeing how I work and seeing that I do work on my own pieces. I am lucky to have the chance to do that at school!
No comments:
Post a Comment